Financial AdvisoryScientific Method to Transaction Execution
The Back Bay difference:
Back Bay’s transaction team members have successfully closed over 300 transactions for public and private companies across M&A, partnering, licensing, divestitures, and financings.
Every financial advisory engagement taps into this reservoir of experience as well as the firm’s deep, research-driven knowledge to deliver customized insights and deal execution.
Furthermore, our global reach and established relationships with key stakeholders play an integral role in successful execution of our assignments. We negotiate on our clients’ behalf from the strength of our analytics, insights and deal experience rather than relying solely on process management.
Clients benefit from Back Bay’s:
- Senior presence with extensive life science relationships and experience
- Advice that is unencumbered by any institutional priorities
- Combined scientific, clinical and commercial insights
- Ability to convert those insights into credible positioning and valuation considerations
- Expertise in negotiating complex deals and creative structures
Our financial advisory
- Biotech, pharma and medical technology companies seeking to merge, acquire or sell
- Companies looking to engage in strategic asset transactions (licensing and partnering) on a regional or global basis
- Small- and mid-size companies looking to extend and leverage their corporate/business development capabilities
- Venture-backed companies requiring assessment of strategic alternatives — our analysis and advice becomes the basis for our execution of strategic M&A, partnerships or licensing deals
- PE and VC investors seeking guidance on portfolio strategy, investments, new financing rounds and transactions
- Academic institutions seeking options for their early-stage programs including out-licensing, partnerships and company formation
Specializing in strategically driven M&A transaction execution
We offer a wide range of financial advisory services to clients across the globe
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Cross-border transactions
- Structured transactions involving complex options
- Financing support
- Valuation and fairness opinions
We leverage our integrated platform to support management and Board of Directors from the early strategic planning stages through to successful deal execution.
* Member FINRA/SIPC